Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm baaaack...

Wow! I can't believe its been over a year since I posted last. Things have been a-changing over the past year. I finally graduated from college in May...



and since then I have been trying to get things back in order around the house, in anticipation of the boys' new school year. Luke will be starting the first grade, and Beau will start Pre-K. I'm excited about what this year will bring, but I was also a little worried about staying on top of everything, so I have instituted a new daily family schedule. Here it is...


Its worked well for us so far...and we're enjoying spending the extra time with the kids helping them with reading and writing. This time usually extends far into the free time that we have scheduled afterwards. I'm hoping we can continue this schedule and help the kids everyday with what they will be learning at school. I know Luke is finally going to start having homework, so it will be fun to watch him learn and help him along as much as we can. I know we are in for a busy school year, but at least it will just be the kids learning this time....

Now Jackson is my only child in daycare. Whoo-Hoo!!! I don't know what I'll do with all the extra moo-lah...oh yeah, pay for glasses. Jackson loves to wear glasses...any glasses he can find...when he finds a different pair of glasses, he takes his off and leaves them wherever. Hence, we are now having to pay for the temporary glasses he was given by the optical shop as well as for the glasses that we had ordered. I would be infuriated, if he wasn't so gosh darn cute!!!


Some of my favorite summer quotes:


"Allright guys, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is we've got pizza. The bad news is there's bad guys in there!" - Beau, while playing Transformers with Luke








"This is a drawing of me. This one is of God, doing the robot!" - Luke after Gathering Kids at church

No comments: