Sunday, June 19, 2011

Kid Room Redo

I am constantly thinking about trying to come up with new and exciting ideas for decorating our house. It's on the small side, but I love the location and I love the fact that our house was built in 1928 and has some neat qualities about it...though sometimes I think I'd give my right arm for another bathroom...but that's a whole other rant...


In our kids' room, their bed started out as a triple bunk bed that we kept in a small bedroom with much higher ceilings...however, we got to a point where our oldest son decided he wanted his own room, so we cut the top bunk off and added longer legs, putting the Love Sac and a TV underneath for the kids to play video games on.

Once we cut the top off, this left bunkbeds for the other two, though they were still really close together, which was fine for our little Pumpkin Pie....



but I had plans for something different...this was my inspiration...

Unfortunately, we didn't have enough room to do this...the room isn't quite long enough...so we did this instead!





The kids love it! And I love that it allows for storage underneath their beds to hide all of their boxes of toys. I also love being able to lay in bed with them and watch cartoons. I'm sure we'll change the paint color shortly, but for now, I'm happy with it. Next up (when I get the chance...), we (well, Clint doesn't know it yet...) will be doing a little redecorating in the backyard...

No comments: