Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Starting a New Decade

Today marks the beginning of a new era for me...an era of no longer being in my twenties.
While it may feel strange that my age now starts with a 3 instead of a 2, I really don't think I'll notice that much difference between the 2 decades.
For every single year of my twenties, I was a wife to my awesome husband. I became a mother at age 20, so I've been wearing that hat for the past decade as well. I also started working at my current place of employment at age 20.
Barring any major upheavals/catastrophes, these three things will remain true for my next decade on earth as well.
I'll still be completely head over heels in love with my wonderful husband.
I'll still be mom to my three great sons (even though by the end of my 30's I'll have one in *GULP* COLLEGE! How freakin' crazy does that sound???).
And I will still work for the same hospital, though I am hoping that I will continue to move up to new positions as the years go by.
The Bucket List of my 30's
-------------------------------
* Run at least 1 half-marathon
* Run at least 1 full-marathon
* Complete at least 1 triathlon
* Get my Master's degree in healthcare administration
* Reach and maintain my goal weight (140 lbs...50 lbs to go)
* Do not get admitted to a mental facility for incurable incessant worrying when my 3 sons get their driver's licenses (You might just want to avoid me in 2018, 2020, and 2021...)
* Get baptized...I know I did this when I was 8, but I feel very strongly that I want to make that public commitment again because I don't believe I fully grasped at the time what I was committing my life to and, more importantly, I don't feel I fully grasped the unmatchable sacrifice that Jesus made for me. I want to make this declaration again, knowing what I know now.
I can't say I will feel this comfortable with turning 40 in 10 years, but for now, my 30's sound pretty darn awesome.
Now I'm going to spend my birthday evening eating pork fried rice and tempura vegetables that my husband cooked for me, followed by a couple of rounds of Uno with the boys.

No comments: