Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pillow Talk

I am convinced that if anyone were to overhear our conversations in bed, they might be inclined to think that my husband and I are a little kooky...I'm not sure if its the combination of his shear exhaustion and my sleeping pills or what, but we usually end up laughing hysterically with tears in our eyes.

For example, tonight as I was checking my email one more time before bed, I mentioned a particular emailed report at work...

Me: These charge stat emails always 'eff up my email.

Sweetie Pie: 'Eff up? How do they mess up your email?

Me: I don't mean they mess up. When I say "'eff up" I mean "fill up"....yeah, that's what I mean.

Sweetie Pie: (between stifled laughter) What? 'Eff up means fill up?

Me: Yes. That's what I mean when I say it.

Sweetie Pie: So...tomorrow night when we're cooking dinner, can I tell you to "'eff up a pot with water"?

Me: (roaring in laughter by this time) Yes, and I'll pretend I'm Rachel Ray. I'm going to 'eff up this pan with EVOO.

By this time, we were both laughing so hard we could hardly understand a word the other was saying.

I thank God every day for a spouse that can make me practically pee my pants from laughing so hard on a daily basis.

No comments: