Monday, October 27, 2008

In the Words of Jack...

You've got to be kidding me!

Forgive me if this post comes off as sounding gripey, but, you see, in my own defense, I can't seem to get to sleep! I guess I slept so much when I was sick that my sleep schedule is all off.

Brief history here...last weekend, Clint took us to a motorcycle show at Myers Duren (I never thought I would be linking a Harley store from my blog...) As he was giving the kids a lesson in motorcycle anatomy, I went inside to check out the clothing. I think the entire Affliction clothing line is tres hot, but unfortunately cannot see myself spending $45 on a t-shirt that has been "factory frayed". Plus...I must admit that a small part of me has a problem wearing a shirt with the word "sinful" all over it....I mean, we all are, but it just feels way dirtier when its on your shirt...

...Which leads me to tonight...actually this morning...I was browsing online, looking for perhaps a good deal or two (ala Ebay) on some Affliction clothing when I come to the website of a dealer of Affliction and similar clothing brands. When what do my wandering eyes but appear is the 2008 Paris Hilton collection. Oh, this ought to be good...

Good golly, I have never seen so much trashy gold fabric in my life.







Even the bony models have muffin tops in these ridiculous pants.







And I'll be darned if she doesn't have the nerve to sell shirts with her face on them! And her name too, in some horrible sherbert Warhol-esque version. I've never understood why people think is cool...It takes me back to a time of crimped hair in a sideways pony-tail that I do not want to go back to! The only person I can see possibly wearing this is that poor boy who feels the need to defend Britney Spears via web cam...

Puhlease! I wouldn't be caught dead wearing any of these items....


even if she did sell them in my size...


which she doesn't....

1 comment:

Kelly said...

YUCK YUCK YUCK!! Wouldn't buy anything with her name attatched to it!